At Shook & Stone, we understand how a bicycle accident can have a serious impact on your life. We will fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery. Schedule a free consultation with our experienced auto accident attorneys today to learn more about your legal options.
Bicycling is a common mode of transportation and recreation in the Reno area. Unfortunately, bicycles are also one of the most vulnerable types of vehicles on the road. Bicyclists are at risk of being struck by cars, trucks, and other vehicles, and they can often suffer serious injuries as a result.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a bicycle accident, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. At Shook & Stone, a Reno bicycle accident lawyer has extensive experience handling these types of cases, and we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Shook & Stone as Your Reno Bicycle Accident Attorney?
We have a proven track record of success in bicycle accident cases:
- Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- We have the experience and resources to take on big insurance companies
- We offer a free consultation so you can learn more about your legal options
What Causes Bicycle Accidents in Reno, NV?
There are several different factors that can contribute to bicycle accidents in Reno. Some of the most common include:
- Speeding or reckless driving by other vehicles;
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone;
- Hazardous road conditions, such as potholes or debris;
- Inattentive or aggressive driving by other vehicles;
- Failure to yield the right of way to bicyclists.
What Injuries Can You Suffer in a Bicycle Accident?
Bicycle accidents can often lead to serious injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Neck injuries;
- Back injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Internal bleeding;
These and other injuries can have a significant impact on your life. You may be unable to work or participate in activities you enjoy. You may need extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. The costs can quickly add up, and you may be left struggling to make ends meet.
At Shook & Stone, we understand the challenges you are facing. We will fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery.
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Bicycle Accident Case?
In any personal injury case, there are several types of compensation available. These can be broadly divided into two categories: economic damages and noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages are those that have a specific monetary value, such as medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Noneconomic damages are more difficult to quantify and may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- In some cases, punitive damages may also be available. These are designed to punish the at-fault party and deter future misconduct.
The specific types and amount of compensation you are entitled to will depend on the facts of your case. Our Reno bicycle accident attorneys will fight for the maximum compensation available in your case.
How Long Do You Have to File a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Nevada?
Under Nevada law, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you do not file your lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from recovering any compensation.
Get in Touch With a Reno Bicycle Accident Attorney for Free
Shook & Stone works on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not owe us any attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.
This allows us to represent accident victims who might otherwise be unable to afford an attorney. You can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation with a Reno bicycle accident lawyer now.