The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming and stressful. You deserve to have an experienced team of auto accident lawyers on your side to help you navigate through the legal process. At Shook & Stone, our team specializes in motorcycle crash cases, and we are here to fight for what you deserve.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial impact that a motorcycle accident can have on your life. Our team is dedicated to helping you receive fair compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and lost wages. You don’t have to go through this alone.
Contact Shook & Stone today to schedule a free consultation with a Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer. Don’t wait; time is of the essence in these cases. Let us be your voice during this difficult time.
Shook & Stone is a team of personal injury attorneys in Nevada who specialize in recovering maximum compensation for motorcycle accident victims. We fight aggressively for injury victims to maximize compensation for injuries.
Motorcycle riders are involved in a high number of fatal traffic crashes. The number of motorcyclists killed in 2021 was 5,932, which accounts for 14% of all traffic fatalities. This is the largest number of motorcyclist deaths since at least 1975, according to NHTSA data. 
Shook & Stone is a reputable Las Vegas law firm that specializes in representing victims and their families in cases related to motorcycle accidents, including unfortunate cases of motorcycle fatalities. The firm is known for its exceptional legal expertise and compassionate approach towards supporting clients and their loved ones through the difficult process of coping with the aftermath of a fatal motorcycle accident.
Shook & Stone understands that the loss of a loved one in a motorcycle accident is a devastating and traumatic experience that can leave families feeling helpless and overwhelmed. The firm’s team of experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys is dedicated to fighting for justice on behalf of the victim and their family, seeking maximum compensation for damages such as medical costs, lost income, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, and other related expenses.
The firm’s motorcycle crash lawyers possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of Nevada’s complex motorcycle laws and regulations, as well as a thorough understanding of the tactics and strategies used by insurance companies and defense counsel in these types of cases. They use their expertise and resources to build a strong case that demonstrates the responsibility of the at-fault party and holds them accountable for the damages caused by the accident.
Shook & Stone understands the importance of providing compassionate and personalized legal services to clients during this difficult time. The firm’s skilled attorneys and staff take the time to listen to clients’ concerns, answer their questions, and address their needs throughout the legal process. They work diligently to ensure that clients understand their legal options and receive the support and guidance they need to make informed decisions.
In cases involving motorcycle fatalities, Shook & Stone is committed to securing justice for the victim’s family by holding all responsible parties accountable. With our compassionate and dedicated approach, we provide top-notch legal representation to clients affected by motorcycle wrecks and help them move forward with their lives.
Common Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle collisions have the potential to cause serious and often life-altering injuries due to the lack of protection offered by a motorcycle compared to other vehicles. Injuries may include:
It is essential to seek medical attention following a motorcycle accident, even if you feel you have not been seriously injured. This will ensure any less obvious injuries are also noted and addressed.
Who Is Liable for Las Vegas Motorcycle Accidents?
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, the first thing you need to determine is who was at fault for the incident.
This is an important distinction because it will dictate how much money or compensation you can recover from the person or organization that caused your injuries. One of two parties might be at fault due to human error in a motorcycle accident: Either the driver of the other vehicle, or you.
Here are some examples of who might be liable for your injuries in a Nevada motorcycle accident:
The driver of another car was driving too fast and lost control of their vehicle after colliding with traffic that slowed down suddenly. This is an example where the other driver was at fault for the accident and thus liable for your devastating injuries;
If you were not wearing a helmet, the other driver could argue that you are at fault for the incident. In this instance, the other driver may be liable to pay damages with their own insurance carrier, but you will still need to file a claim against your own policy first;
The driver of another car turned left in front of you while you were traveling straight. In this example, the other driver is clearly at fault for the accident and thus liable to compensate you for your motorcycle injuries:
You are traveling on a motorcycle and rear-ended another vehicle. This situation is more complicated because there is some debate as to whether the driver of a motorcycle is always at fault if they rear-end another car. Many insurance companies will not cover the damages for injuries sustained in this situation.
Common Types of Compensation for Your Injuries
There are several types of compensation that may be granted to victims of motorcycle injuries in Las Vegas, including:
- Medical Expenses: This compensation covers all medical expenses incurred as a result of the motorcycle accident, such as hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation services, and prescription medication.
- Lost Wages: Victims who are unable to work for a period of time due to their injuries may be entitled to compensation for their lost wages and income.
- Property Damage: If the motorcycle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, compensation may be granted to cover the cost of repairs or for the value of the motorcycle if it is beyond repair.
- Pain and Suffering: This compensation covers the physical and emotional distress and suffering that the victim has had to endure as a result of the accident, including mental anguish, anxiety, and depression.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: Victims may be compensated for the loss of enjoyment of activities that they can no longer participate in due to their injuries.
- Wrongful Death: In cases where the victim has died as a result of the motorcycle accident, compensation may be granted to the family members or dependents of the deceased for their loss.
Punitive damages may also be awarded in cases where the at-fault driver acted recklessly.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
Imagine waking up in the hospital with no recollection of how you got there; this is a classic example of pain and suffering that medical bills cannot fully quantify. If you are a motorcycle enthusiast who recently experienced accident injuries-this may resonate with you. When you are recovering, it may be very difficult to sort out information and handle the at-fault party’s insurance calls.
In some cases, the insurer will refuse to pay for damages related to motorcycle accidents because they do not want to be held liable.
This is the time to call a personal injury law firm who can work on your behalf as a motorcycle accident lawyer and advocate for the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, the situation can be confusing to navigate if you are not familiar with the applicable Nevada laws and regulations.
This is where a motorcycle crash attorney in Las Vegas who specializes in these cases will come in handy. The lawyer can analyze your case and advise you of your legal rights and options to collect compensation for your injuries.
The importance of hiring a knowledgeable Las Vegas motorcyclist injury attorney is not just limited to getting compensation for your temporary or permanent injuries, it can also help you by making sure the insurance company does not drop or reduce your claim after it has been approved. If this happens, you could end up with far less money than you are entitled to.
Once the motorcycle accident lawyer has filed all the documents for your claim, it is important that you collect any information related to the accident and store it in one place.
Recording video footage of the crash site may be helpful if it can be used as evidence. You should also get the names and contact details of any witnesses or other people who saw the incident.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, it is important that you collect all of these details and find a qualified lawyer to represent your legal rights.
Your dedicated Las Vegas biker injury lawyer can review your case and let you know how much compensation you may be entitled to. While they cannot promise anything, they will tell you if you are likely to get a compensation package or how close you might be.
The best way to know the kind of coverage and what all your rights are is by calling with the details of your case, like the attorney’s name & firm details, incident date, location of accident, contact information for other parties involved in accident, etc.
It is recommended that you do not respond to any unsolicited contact such as phone calls, text messages or emails from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
This is because they could be trying to extract information from you that may be used against you later on.
When you meet with your Las Vegas motorcyclist injury attorney, they will ask certain questions so that they can build a personal injury case and determine how well you should be compensated for the pain and suffering experienced due to your injuries.
How Much Financial Compensation Will You Receive?
The amount of financial compensation a person in Nevada will receive for a motorcycle collision case varies depending on several factors, such as the severity of the injuries sustained, the extent of property damage, and the degree of fault of each party involved.
There is no specific formula for calculating compensation in a motorcycle accident case, and each case is different. It is recommended to consult with a reputable Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer who can evaluate the specific circumstances of your case and help you determine the compensation you may be entitled to receive.
How to File a Claim for Compensation
You can file for compensation yourself but here is a word of warning-don’t. Insurance companies take advantage of people in order to get out of paying the maximum settlement in compensation claims and will have a hundred reasons for doing so.
Everything said in a conversation with an insurance company will be used to adjust the pay-out.
Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Accidents in Nevada
In Nevada, the time limit for bringing a case after an accident is two years from the date when the person suffered or should have discovered his or her bodily injury. The statute of limitations is the time period in which victims of motorcycle accidents have to file a claim.
Insurance Company Tactics in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be very serious resulting in severe injuries and may even be deadly. If you are in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, then it is important that you get help from some type of lawyer who will deal with the insurance company on your behalf. If you’ve lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash due to another’s negligence, a wrongful death lawsuit may be filed.
Getting compensation for your injuries can be a little tricky if you don’t know what to do or what to worry about.
The first thing you should know is that the law in Nevada requires any at-fault party, whether it be an individual or business entity, to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM).
This type of policy will pay for your medical bills and other costs out of pocket in addition to any damages that you will receive from filing a personal injury lawsuit in court.
In order to file a UM/UIM claim, you will need to deal with the insurance company for the at-fault party. However, there are tactics they may use which lead you to believe that they will pay your bills, but then when it comes time for the settlement, they will deny your claim. These tactics include:
- The insurance adjuster tells you that the motorcyclist’s policy is more than adequate to cover all your damages. Although this may turn out to be true in the end, it doesn’t mean that they are going to immediately take care of everything when you first talk to them. If you don’t have a lawyer, then you may just settle for the first amount that they suggest instead of waiting for a fair settlement.
- The insurance adjuster tells you that your medical bills should be paid by Medicare or maybe even your Nevada Health Link card because of their high deductibles. (Which is probably not true at all.) Unfortunately, this is one of the biggest lies that insurance companies try to tell you. They will do anything to keep from paying your medical bills.
- The insurance adjuster tells you that since there is no vehicle accident report, then they couldn’t possibly find out who was at fault for causing your motorcycle accident and therefore, they won’t pay any damages. This is one of the easiest strategies to challenge because you are the victim, and they need to make sure that you get your medical bills paid no matter what.
- The insurance adjuster tells you that since the other driver has liability coverage, then they won’t be able to pay anything towards your damages. However, this may not always be true. If the other driver had a high enough level of liability coverage, then they most likely will be able to pay for damages that exceed their policy.
- The insurance adjuster tells you that your motorcycle accident was not severe enough to file a lawsuit against them. Consult with a qualified lawyer as they will be able to provide legal advice on how to pursue a motorcycle accident claim.
- If the at-fault party is a business entity, then it’s always possible for them to refuse to pay anything towards your motorcycle accident injuries because they don’t have an insurance company behind them. When this happens, they will most likely want to settle right away without getting all of your medical bills paid for.
Contact Our Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Today
Since 1997, we have recovered over $750 million in insurance company settlements and lawsuits which end in litigation.
Motorcycle accidents in Nevada can leave you injured, in pain, and without compensation. This is due to the many issues surrounding motorcycle accidents, from insurance claims and the law to damages and your rights as a driver or passenger.
The best way to recover compensation for injuries sustained in a Nevada motorcycle accident is by hiring a motor vehicle accident attorney who specializes in personal injury claims for injured riders.
Our personal injury lawyers can work with you on a contingency basis to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive all of the financial recovery due to you under Nevada state law.
Contact us today. Our lawyers have over 30 years of experience dealing with insurance companies and getting you the compensation that you deserve.
Source:  Motorcycle Safety | NHTSA. (n.d.). NHTSA. https://www.nhtsa.gov/road-safety/motorcycles