Construction Zone Car Crash in Pahrump Proves Fatal
A 29-year-old man was killed and three others were injured in a Nye County car accident involving a car driving through a construction zone. According to The Associated Press, the fatal car accident occurred on State Route 160 near Winery Road in Pahrump.
The driver of a Toyota Camry struck a number of traffic cones before crashing head-on into a Ford F-250 pickup truck. The driver was killed and two of his passengers and the driver of the pickup were injured.
It is particularly important that drivers operate their vehicles safely when passing through construction zones. According to Workzonesafety.org, of the 243 fatalities reported in Nevada in 2009, seven occurred in construction or maintenance zones.
After any Nevada car accident, it is very important that several questions be asked in order to determine who was at fault and who should be held liable.
Were alcohol and/or drugs involved?
Did a mechanical malfunction cause the accident?
Was the fatal crash caused by speed or distracted driving?
Essential Steps to Take if You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident
1. Seek Medical Attention – Injuries may not be immediately apparent after an accident, so it is important to seek medical care even if you don’t feel any pain.
2. Contact Your Insurance Company – Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the incident and answer any questions they may have.
3. Contact an Attorney – An experienced car accident attorney can help ensure your legal representation is protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
4. File a Police Report – A police report is an important document that will provide proof of the details of the accident in case any legal action is taken.
5. Gather Evidence – Take pictures of the accident scene and any damage to the vehicles involved. Collect contact information from witnesses as well.
Liability and Compensation
In cases where negligence or wrongdoing is involved, injured victims can seek compensation from the at-fault motorist for damages such as medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
In cases where the victim dies from his or her injuries, families of deceased victims can file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault parties.
How to File a Wrongful Death Claim After a Fatal Car Accident?
When filing a wrongful death claim after a fatal injuries, the first step is to consult an experienced attorney to discuss the facts of your case. An experienced attorney can help you determine who may be held liable for the death of your loved one and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
In addition, it is important to understand any applicable statutes of limitations. In Nevada , a wrongful death claim must be filed within two years of the date of death.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Shook & Stone: Your Las Vegas Accident Attorneys
The knowledgeable Las Vegas vehicle accident attorneys of Shook & Stone have successfully represented numerous auto accident victims and helped them secure fair and full compensation for their injuries, damages and losses.