If a car accident has left you injured, it is a good idea to consult with a personal injury attorney about your legal options. In many cases, an individual may be able to pursue compensation for costs related to their accident, including past and future medical expenses, lost wages and/or earning capacity, pain and suffering, or property damage. The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Shook & Stone offer free consultations, during which one of our experienced attorneys can evaluate the facts of your case, review any evidence, and determine how much your case is expected to be worth.
Once you’ve made the decision to speak with a lawyer, it is important to prepare for your first meeting by gathering all documentation related to your accident. This will help your lawyer understand the scope of your accident, how it has affected you, and what types of damages you can pursue compensation for.
Plan on bringing these items with you to your first consultation:
- All medical bills
- Any pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the other driver’s car
- Receipts for things you have had to fix because of the accident, or for things you had to buy because of the accident
- A copy of the police accident report
- All correspondence you have received from an insurance company about your accident and injuries
- A copy of your automobile insurance policy
- Copies of any written statements
Other helpful information you should provide to your attorney includes:
- Date you were admitted to the hospital and date of discharge
- Dates you missed work because of your injuries
- Name and address of the ambulance service and/or emergency room you first received treatment from
- Names and contact information of any doctors or chiropractors you have consulted with or received treatment from
- The name and telephone number of each insurance adjuster you have spoken to
- The names and contact information of any witnesses of your accident
Injured? Now is the time to schedule your free case evaluation with a Las Vegas personal injury attorney at Shook & Stone. Call us today toll-free at (888) 662-2013 to get started.