“Best” is a subjective term, so how can you ever hope to find the “best” personal injury lawyer for your Las Vegas accident case? If you or someone you love has been involved in a serious accident, you need to find the best lawyer for you.
The best lawyer for you may not be the best lawyer for someone else’s case, but there are important things you should keep in mind when searching for a law firm.
- Case Results: There are two things you want to look for when evaluating a law firm’s case results. First, what type of cases do they take on most frequently? For example, if you have a potential slip & fall claim but the law firm you are evaluating doesn’t have a single successful slip & fall case, you may want to keep looking.
At Shook & Stone, we have been successful in a wide variety of accident and injury claims such as workplace accidents, medical negligence, truck accidents, wrongful death and more. Second, you want to look for total amount recovered, and ours has recovered over $100 million for clients.
- Presence in the Local Community: While on its own, community involvement may not be a make-or-break factor to look at when evaluating attorneys, it is an important indicator of how much a firm/attorney cares. Shook & Stone proudly sponsors a number of charitable organizations in Las Vegas and throughout the state of Nevada.
Two examples of this are the Street Safe program and the American Heart Association. We frequently team up with non-profits and charitable organizations to donate our time and resources to keep our community safe and legally informed. Learn more about us and how we give back.
- Reputation Among Peers: It is one thing to gain the respect of clients, but it is entirely another to gain the respect of other lawyers and judges in the field of personal injury, workers’ comp and related types of cases.
One measure of our firm’s positive reputation among peers comes from Martindale-Hubbell on which our firm’s lead attorneys, John Shook and Leonard Stone, are highly rated. Our lawyers have also received 10 out of 10 ratings on Avvo, which is an independent rating service based on votes by peers and clients.
- Client Reviews: At Shook & Stone, the client always comes first. Client-centric philosophy is another thing you want to consider when searching for the best personal injury attorney for your case. You can learn more about what our clients think about us by browsing through our client testimonials page.
- Fees That Fit: The best personal injury lawyer for your case will be not only the lawyer with the best qualifications, but one that offers services that fit within your budget. Thankfully, Shook & Stone’s personal injury practice works on a contingency fee basis, “no recovery, no fee.”
This means that if our firm does not make a recovery, you do not owe us attorney fees. There are different payment procedures for Social Security disability cases because maximum fees are set by the government.
- Relatability: An attorney can have all the credentials in the world, but if you cannot relate to them then your case may not be successful or run smoothly. The best way to determine if you can relate well with a lawyer is to speak with them.
What is a personal injury lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in representing individuals who have suffered an injury due to the negligence of another person, company, or entity.
A personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for medical malpractice, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injuries. They will also represent you in court if necessary, ensuring that your rights are protected during the process.
Do you need a personal injury lawyer?
Personal injury lawyers are specialized in helping individuals who have been injured in an accident arising out of another’s negligence. From slip and fall accidents, pedestrian accidents to car accidents, a personal injury lawyer can provide valuable advice and assistance throughout the legal process.
- Personal injury lawyers have a deep understanding of the legal process.
- They can help you navigate complex legal procedures and paperwork.
- They can help you negotiate with insurance companies to get the compensation you deserve.
- They can represent you in court if necessary and provide legal services throughout your case.
How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit take to Get a Settlement in Las Vegas?
The length of a personal injury lawsuit in Las Vegas can vary depending on the complexity of your case. Factors such as the severity of your injuries, the amount of evidence available, and how cooperative the other party is can all affect how long it takes to resolve your case. It is important to note that there is no specific time frame for when a settlement should be reached.
In most cases, it can take anywhere from several weeks to several months for a settlement. It is important to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you understand the process and ensure that your rights are protected throughout.
What can I get from a personal injury claim?
In a personal injury claim, you may be able to seek fair compensation for damages related to:
- Compensation for medical expenses and treatment of injuries suffered in the accident.
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity due to injuries sustained.
- Pain and suffering damages to account for the physical and emotional impact of the incident.
- Compensation for property damage or other financial losses incurred as a result of the accident.
We encourage you to call us and speak with us directly. We provide free consultations.