Nevada Roundup Cancer Attorneys
Roundup is a popular herbicide used widely in residential and commercial markets. The use of this product has been connected to non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a type of cancer originating in the lymphatic system. Thousands have since sued the maker of this product for their pain, suffering, and medical care, and the company has paid out billions of dollars in settlements. More people are joining the litigation each day, and you can be part of it, too.
If you’ve developed this form of cancer and believe it may be connected to the use of Roundup, join a mass tort lawsuit with the thousands of others whose lives have been ruined by Monsanto, the maker of this product. Our Nevada Roundup cancer attorneys are experienced in these kinds of product liability cases, and we’re offering a free case consultation to all those who believe they may be eligible for compensation.
What Is Roundup and Why Is It Dangerous?
Roundup is a weed killer that contains an ingredient called glyphosate, which research has linked to the development of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The World Health Organization issued a cancer warning for Roundup in 2015 after the International Agency for Research on Cancers conducted a glyphosate evaluation, but this was too little too late for those who had used the chemical since its release in 1974. As a result, thousands have filed lawsuits against the maker, who has paid out billions of dollars in damages — yet the product is still on store shelves as of 2020.
Users of Roundup have reported the following types of B cell and T cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas:
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Burkitt lymphoma
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma
- Hairy cell leukemia
- Diffuse large B cell lymphoma
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphomas
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- Follicular lymphoma
In addition to Roundup’s cancer-causing properties, the chemical also has non-cancer risks. It has been known to cause skin irritation to exposed arms, legs, and hands. When it gets into the nose or mouth, it can cause severe esophageal burns. Many have even reported permanent liver damage.
Common Symptoms of Glyphosate Exposure
If you have commonly used Roundup in the past, there are several symptoms to watch for that point to cancers of the immune system:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Night sweats
- Regular nose bleeds
- Enlarged spleen
At the first sign of these symptoms, your first course of action should be to visit your primary care provider. Your health should always be your top priority. Once you’ve been diagnosed, make our Reno Roundup cancer lawyers at Shook & Stone your next phone call.
Am I Eligible to File a Nevada Roundup Cancer Lawsuit?
Most people who have used Roundup for residential or commercial applications are eligible to file a lawsuit against the makers. Our lawyers represent all those who have used it, including farmers, landscapers, agricultural employees, government workers, and homeowners. But in verifying your eligibility for a Roundup lawsuit in Nevada, our Roundup attorneys in Las Vegas will consider several factors, such as:
- Timing of cancer diagnosis: You will have a strong case if your diagnosis came after exposure to Roundup — but don’t wait too long. The state of Nevada has a three-year statute of limitations for product liability and, in a wrongful death case, a two-year statute of limitations from the day of the death. Contact Shook & Stone as soon as you can after your diagnosis to ensure the strength of your case.
- Type of cancer developed: Roundup is known to cause very specific types of cancer, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and leukemia. Your case will be stronger if your diagnosis falls under the category of lymphatic cancer and if you can prove a history of Roundup use at work or around your house.
- Exposure to Roundup: It may seem obvious, but you must be able to show that you’ve used Roundup enough for it to cause your cancer. It only takes about eight hours of exposure to the chemical to cause DNA changes, so work with our Reno Roundup cancer lawyers to establish that your use was significant enough to be linked to your condition.
How a Roundup Attorney in Las Vegas Can Help
Although Non-Hodgkin lymphoma can be treated if caught early enough, it can also be fatal for those who don’t get medical attention in time. Don’t let the makers of Roundup get away with giving you or someone you love a deadly form of blood cancer. Take legal action today by contacting our lawyers in Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada, to join a Nevada Roundup cancer lawsuit.
Our team will work around the clock to gather evidence and fortify your case. We’re committed to holding the makers of this toxic substance accountable and to helping you recuperate the expenses for medical treatment as well as your pain and suffering.