100% Free Consultation

Medical Treatment for Work-Related Injuries

If you are injured on the job in Nevada, you are most likely covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. Filing a successful workers’ comp claim can result in benefits such as lost wages and a variety of medical benefits to treat your injury.

Medical benefits can include:

  • Compensation for treatment
  • Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
  • Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation

PPD and PTD Compensation

PPD is determined by a “rating physician.” This physician must be a doctor who is on the Nevada rating panel through the Division of Industrial Relations (DIR). The physician determines if you have a ratable impairment even after you have received medical treatment. A healthy, uninjured individual would receive a rating of 0%. People who are unable to work due to a work-related injury or illness, even after medical treatment, may qualify for PPD.

Workers who are classified as having a permanent total disability (PTD) can receive 66 2/3 of their average monthly wages for as long as they are unable to work. Under Nevada law, some PTD individuals may be classified for “odd-lot” status. This means that they may be able to hold various jobs from time to time, but this work is limited in quality/quantity.

Visit one of our previous posts for a more detailed explanation of ” Benefits Available Under Nevada Law.”

Workers’ Compensation Doctors

If you are injured or become ill on the job, you are limited in which physician you can go to. Nevada requires workers’ compensation patients to be treated by an authorized medical provider through the Panel of Treating Physicians and Chiropractors. Workers’ compensation insurance providers can use MCOs, PPOs, or HMOs.

Injured workers should not be afraid to visit the emergency room after a serious injury because they are unsure whether their physician is panel-approved. People seriously injured on the job can and should go to the emergency room immediately following the incident.

If you were injured on the job, an attorney from Shook & Stone can assist you throughout the workers’ compensation claim process. There are many benefits to retaining an attorney for workers’ compensation cases. To learn more about how we can help, contact us today!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Recent Posts

Person in Wheelchair Dies After Being Hit Near Cheyenne & Jones

October 3, 2022

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (Shook & Stone) On Monday morning, a person in a wheelchair was...

How to Find Out if Someone Was in a Car Accident

October 3, 2022

Having a family member of loved one who you suspect may have been in a...

Fifth Anniversary of the Mandalay Bay Shooting

September 28, 2022

Saturday, October 1st, 2022 will mark the fifth anniversary of the Mandalay Bay shooting where...

5 Ways Insurance Adjusters Try to De-Value Your Claim

September 6, 2022

Insurance adjusters are trained to settle claims for as little money as possible. They will...

Do Workers’ Compensation Investigators Follow You Around?

August 22, 2022

As with anything, claiming an injury, whether personal or work-related can be and will most...