It is difficult to find auto insurance that covers every possible situation, but this statement is not intended to criticize any specific insurance providers.
In fact, many auto insurance companies do a fine job of serving their policyholders. The point being made is, if an insurance person tells you they are selling you full coverage auto insurance they are not doing a proper job of explaining a contract you are about to enter.
Important Considerations for Determining Your Auto Insurance Premium.
In purchasing automobile insurance you have two basic decisions to make:
1. What can I afford?
2. What can I afford to risk?
Your premium paid is consideration of a future promise of coverage from the insurer which is the essence of the contract.
When you purchase automobile insurance, it is important to understand the difference between what coverage is offered and what coverage is needed. Different types of policies have different levels of risk.
Some policies offer broad coverage for a variety of risks while others are more limited in their scope. It is important to determine which level of coverage best fits your needs before signing a contract.
Top 7 Insurance Coverages You Need to Know About for Your Car
Insurance companies are willing to sell and service anything you can afford to buy. What follows is a short list of coverage’s to consider that should be explained in some detail by your automobile insurer.
- Liability coverage, required by the State of Nevada at minimum, 15/30/10 limits.
- Collision coverage, offers coverage to your vehicle in the event of an automobile accident and collision with other named objects. Usually carries a deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage, offers coverage for named hazards not caused by collision with another object or automobile.
- Medical Payments coverage, essentially health insurance for auto accidents. Must be offered by the insurer to the insured.
- Uninsured/Underinsured coverage, per Statute in the State of Nevada for bodily injury only. This coverage will come into effect if injured in an automobile accident by the liability of either an uninsured or underinsured motorist as defined by the contract. Must be offered by the insurer to the insured.
- Rental Care coverage, normally pays an agreed amount for a determined length of time under the policy.
- Emergency Road Service coverage, towing to nearest repair facility other defined losses under the policy.
What are Some Ways to Make Full Coverage Auto Insurance Cheaper
Full coverage auto insurance can be expensive, but there are ways to make it more affordable. Here are some tips for reducing the cost of your auto insurance policy:
1. Shop around – Do some research and compare different policies offered by several companies to get the best deal. Be sure to look at both premium and deductible amounts as well as coverage levels so you can make an informed decision.
2. Increase your deductible – Increasing your deductible is one way to reduce the cost of your auto insurance policy. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium you will pay for your coverage. Just be sure you can afford to pay the higher amount if you should ever need to use it in a claim situation.
3. Take advantage of discounts – Many companies offer discounts on their policies, such as a multi-policy discount or good driver discount. Be sure to ask your insurance company if they offer any discounts that you may be eligible for.
4. Review your policy regularly – Take the time to review your policy at least once a year to make sure you are getting the best deal possible and that all of your information is up-to-date.
5. Check your driving record – Your driving record is a major factor in determining the cost of your auto insurance policy. Make sure you are following all state laws and staying safe on the roads to keep your record clean and your premiums low.
6. Reduce coverage for older vehicles – If you have an older vehicle that isn’t worth much, consider reducing or eliminating optional coverage such as comprehensive or collision insurance. This can help to lower your premium costs.
7. Ask about discounts – Many insurance companies offer discounts for certain types of drivers, such as students, seniors, or members of certain organizations. Be sure to ask your insurance company if they have any discounts that you may be eligible for.
By taking the time to research and shop around for the best coverage and rates, you can save money on your full coverage auto insurance policy. If you are struggling with your insurance company after being injured in an accident call us at (702) 570-0000 to speak with one of the best Las Vegas car accident lawyers or fill out the form for a free consultation.